At Moceri & Sons our goal is to cultivate long term relationships by providing the highest quality products and services possible.
Same Day Service Guaranteed*
Types of Zinsco Panel and Circuit Breaker Failures:
- Circuit breakers may fail to trip in response to an over current condition. This is a fire and shock risk.
- Circuit breakers may "blow out" the side casing of the device in an electrical "arc explosion" - Circuit breakers may fail to drop power even when they are switched off, that is, the breaker may appear to be switched to the "off" position but internally it may still be conducting power to the circuit.
Failure Mechanisms for Zinsco Electrical Panels and Circuit Breakers:
- Arcing and/or overheating, or a similar failure process occurs at the connection of the circuit breaker to the electrical panel bus damage the bus, the breaker, and the connection, making the electrical contact unreliable and leading to equipment failure.
- Circuit breakers become damaged by arcing or overheating. Damaged circuit breakers are unlikely to perform properly in response to an over current condition.
- Aluminum electrical panel components appear to be an important factor in failures in this equipment.
- Moisture exposure appears to be a factor in failures in this equipment.